Formal Introductory Letter

 

Dear Professor Blackstone,

My name is Javin Tan from group 17 of critical thinking and communication module. I am writing this letter to introduce myself. I graduated from Temasek polytechnic with a diploma in mechatronics. Unlike other students who would usually choose to go back to the same course, I have chosen to take up a new challenge in civil engineering. Engineering has been my dream since I was a kid in primary school. I am always fascinated and amazed by how engineering could build up high buildings and also amazing shapes of building.

 

During my free time, I have done many part-time jobs. One of the interesting jobs I have done is an assistant maintenance engineer. As a assistant maintenance engineer I was always travelling around all the different hospitals to do repairs and servicing of electronic components. This is very crucial to me as an engineer as this job scope allows me to be more meticulous and careful with every step that I took to repair those components. One small mistake could result in a grave accident that is not reversible. Hence, meticulous and carefulness are critical in all engineering fields.

 

One of the weaknesses I have will be the ability to be a outspoken person. As a soft-spoken person, I could not communicate my ideas and suggestions to my superiors as I am always getting covered by others who are more fluent in talking to the superiors. Sometimes when it happens, I felt dejected and left out by the team as I could not get recognized. I hope to be able to speak out more to the entire class as well as talk to more people in class to increase my confidence level in communicating with others so as to improve my personality to be a more out spoken person. I hope to be able to achieve this goal even before the end of the module so that I could hone my skills in class.

 

Best Regards,

Javin Tan

Comments

  1. Hi Javin! Thanks for introducing yourself! I applaud your bravery for exploring and trying a different course from your expertise. I can understand how being a soft-spoken can lead you to feeling left out and dejected from not getting recognition in groups or teams. I think with the right mindset and practice I do believe you can overcome this weakness. I look forward to witnessing a more out-spoken you at the end of this module!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anthony,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my introductory letter. I appreciate the feedbacks and encouragement that you have given and I will try my best to improve on it.

      Thanks.
      Javin

      Delete
  2. Hello Javin! Thank you for sharing about yourself. Your letter is clear and concise. It was a pleasure to read. Having a similar communication weakness, I am able to relate to you. I believe that with this module, we will be able to brush up on our communication skills and be confident individuals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shahrul,

      Thank you for the feedbacks and comments you have given. I believe that we will be able to work to the same goals together!

      Thanks.
      Javin

      Delete
  3. Dear Professor,

    I appreciate the time that you have taken to read my introductory letter. I do know that I have a lot to improve on in terms of my communication skills and I think that this is a good opportunity for me to work on my shortcomings in class.

    I also understand that I have missed out on my communication strengths and I will further elaborate that in the edited version.

    Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to help me improve on my writings.

    Regards,
    Javin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

The Importance of communication skills for engineers